This granola has gotten me through some rough early mornings. I have a mean sweet tooth but I haven’t got time for that added-sugar life; you can’t trust the kind of stuff they sell on supermarket shelves.
I’m gonna cut to the chase because nobody needs a long story with their recipe. I wouldn’t do that to you. Let’s keep this real simple.
120g Oats (none of that fancy stuff, i’m talking your 1kg bag of value oats, save your money)
100g Buckwheat groats
4tsp Salted caramel flavouring (find it in the baking section, even Tesco sells it)
6tsp Granulated stevia
30g Coconut oil (the solid stuff, it needs to be stable at room temp)
50g Peanut flour (you can use powdered peanut butter for this but I prefer to keep it simple, Sukrin is my go-to brand)
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Pulse the nuts in a food processor- don’t blend them down too much, just enough to get them to about the size of the buckwheat groats.
2. Heat your coconut oil in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, and add the salted caramel and stevia to this. In a mixing bowl, add this to the chopped nuts and the oats.
3. Mix your peanut flour with water and pour into the mixing bowl. Stir well.
4. Pour this out onto a foil-lined baking pan. Depending on how crunchy you want your granola, give it 15-20 minutes in the oven, taking it out half-way through to stir it about.
5. Once it’s out and cooled, portion it out into sandwich bags- makes 6 good servings. I usually freeze mine and it makes no difference to the flavour or texture. Serve with your plant milk of choice, or do what I do and serve over cashew cream with chopped banana (Recipe to come!)